The seal of the Congregation is symbolic of our royal heritage as adopted children of God and spouses of the King of kings. The Immaculate Heart of Mary, pierced by a sword and surrounded by three lilies, is the focal point, representing the total dedication of the self by the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience and the acceptance of the Divine Will as the price of redemption of souls for Christ.
The words, Tota pulchra es, O Maria, referring to the Canticle of Canticles, indicate complete fidelity. The rays emanating from Mary’s heart, star-crowned, refer to the Book of Revelation (12:1):
“. . .a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.”
The year of our foundation, 1845, is tied inseparably within the double circle, a symbol of the twofold perfection that we have vowed to Christ. The gold circle signifies our primary aim: holiness; the blue circle symbolizes our apostolate for souls.
(Faithful Servant, §9)